Workshop on Augment Reality
What is augmented reality?
It is an enhanced version of reality where live direct or indirect views of physical real-world environments are augmented with superimposed computer-generated images over a user's view of the real-world, thus enhancing one’s current perception of reality.
It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented), by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality. By contrast, virtual reality replaces the real world with a simulated one. Augmentation is conventionally in real-time and in semantic context with environmental elements, such as sports scores on TV during a match. With the help of advanced AR technology (e.g. adding computer vision and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulable. Artificial information about the environment and its objects can be overlaid on the real world.
ExlTech organizes workshops with perfect blend theory and practical to deliver best knowledge in the technology. This workshop is conducted by highly qualified and experienced industry experts. They have deep understanding of the subject and are committed to deliver their best to the students.
Topics Covered in our Workshop :
- What is Augmented Reality?
- Introduction to Unity Software
- Difference between 3D GameObect and 2D Sprite Concepts
- Working of Unity Game Engine
- A look at different Augmented Reality Tools
- Application of Augmented Platforms
- Requirements for working with AR platform
- Downloading and installing Unity software
- Introduction to 3D GameObjects in Unity
- Importing the 3D Gameobjects inside the Game
- Readjusting the position, shape and rotation of GameObjects
- Developing and writing scripts for different GameObjects
- Creating Parent and Child GameObjects
- Adding Color to Individual GameObjects
- Setting Background Image to GameObjects
- Creating Prefabs from Existing GameObjects
- Attaching Scripts to GameObjects and playing the Game
- Installation & Setting up a Vuforia sdk
- Introduction to Vuforia AR Camera
- Taking a perfect image for Augmented Reality development
- Modifying the image for better purpose
- The 5 star image concept
- Tracking a 3D Cube on a Real World Image
- Tracking a Spinning cube with Scripting
- Cylindrical target detection
- Multi Image Targets in Vuforia
- Interacting with Image Targets using Virtual Button in Vuforia
- User Defined Image Targets in Vuforia
- Convert any object into Image Target
- Playing a Holographic video in Augmented World
Eligibility Criteria :
Anyone can join this workshop no criteria are specified for the program. It is a very basic workshop to the candidates who have interest in augmented reality.
Workshop duration will be two back to back days with eight hour session each day. Each day is divided in proper theory and hands on practical session.